Thought of the Day 10.30.08

This country is facing a major decision on election day, as it always does. But one of the things I keep hearing from conservatives is almost a terror at the prospect of Barack Obama getting elected. Although I share most of the concerns people have about this possibility, the prospect of his Presidency doesn’t cause me to be so worried.

See, it’s simple for me. Neither Barack Obama nor John McCain is God. And if God sees fit to install someone as President who does ruinous things, well, perhaps God has some goal in mind I just don’t understand. Then again, it is logically possible that we conservatives could all just be wrong about what an Obama Presidency might do to this country.

When we see who God is, we become humble. When we see who God is, we gain peace. But peace that can be disturbed by a political outcome isn’t rooted in godly humility, but in the arrogance that we know better than God what the future should be.

No comments: