Thought of the Day 10.29.08

I like to keep a microwave dinner in the office freezer, just in case. So, last week, when I went to retrieve my Salisbury steak “meal,” I discovered it missing. I was annoyed at first, but luckily I had eaten a late breakfast and wasn’t really all that hungry. But what could have happened to it? Well, it could have been thrown out by mistake. Or someone could have wrongly thought it was his own. Oh, well. I’m out a dollar.

Otherwise, someone knowingly stole it. But this makes me sad, not angry. First, I’m glad to know I fed him for a while. But what saddens me is to imagine either a thief has been emboldened to steal again or else a decent person has suffered fear and guilt over stealing and now probably feels estranged from me, unnecessarily.

If only he had asked, I gladly would have shared. And if only he would confess, I would gladly forgive. A relationship is far more important than some silly infraction. This lesson I learned from my Savior.

No comments: