Thought of the Day 10.14.08

I was recently given the opportunity to speak as the opener for a well-known Christian comedian, an honor which I appreciated. After I did my thing, I decided to hang around for a little while to hear the beginning of his comedy set. As you know, I loves me some comedy.

But I was disappointed. I recognized that the guy was doing a rare thing (conservative Christian comedy), and yet I didn’t find many of the jokes funny. So I didn’t laugh much. But I was clearly in the minority, since most everyone in the audience was laughing a ton.


Still, I almost found myself being annoyed at their response until I realized something. I knew I had done exactly what I was supposed to do that night. And I suspect that he was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing that night. The difference is that we were doing two different things. And so be it. God built us differently. It’s really quite absurd of me to think that God would judge him by the purposes He planted in me.

No comments: