TOD 01.16.08

“Daddy, I want to go watch race cars.”
“Well, you can either watch Underdog or else we can go see the cars.”
“Um, I think I want to watch Underdog movie.”
“You’re sure? We can do whichever one you like, but we can only do one. Are you sure you want to watch Underdog and not go see race cars.”
“I think so. Yeah, I want to watch Underdog movie, and maybe we can go see race cars next weekend.”
“Okay.”
We watch the movie.
“Now can we go see race cars?”
“No, honey. You chose between them, and you decided that you wanted to see the movie today.”
“But I want to go see race cars.” Sniffles
“Well, we don’t have time to do that. Did you like Underdog?””Yes.” More sniffles.
“What do you say?”
“Thank you, daddy, for letting me watch Underdog movie. Can we go see race cars later?”
“Spencer, what’s the Tenth Commandment?”
“Be content with what you have.”
“Now do you see what that means?”“Um, sort of. Daddy, will you play a game
with me?”

No comments: