Thought of the Day 09.25.08

I love my new house. I love my new car. I love watching television and movies. I love wearing nice clothes. I particularly love eating good food. And I love my job and the esteem that it brings. But recently, I’ve been thinking some very troubling thoughts.

When Jesus was in heaven before He came to Earth, He had it all. He had the best of everything, including the pride and dignity of being God. But because Love is more important to Him than all of these things, He gave every single one of them up in order to redeem you and me. He left every comfort one could possibly imagine and sacrificed it all for the sake of acquiring us, a sacrifice made all the more poignant because He fully deserved everything He enjoyed.

How little I must know Him, then, that I am so comfortable enjoying all the things I love about my life while there are others who either do not know Him or else suffer in ways my own trivial sacrifices might remedy.

1 comment:

cary said...

I'll never know how much it cost, to see my sin upon that cross.

- Phillips, Craig, and Dean