Thought of the Day 09.23.08

At my house, everyone’s been sick in the last week. Not just sniffles and coughs either, but the really unpleasant stuff. But even as I had my sleep interrupted 10 or 15 times last night, I couldn’t stop thinking about how lucky I was. Being sick reminds me of how smoothly my body runs ordinarily. Having sick children reminds me of how grateful I am to have been given such massive blessings in such tiny packages. And not wanting to each anything reminds me of how much I appreciate good food most of the time.

See, here’s the thing for me. No matter what God ever gives me or allows to happen to me, I’m happy. Happy because the one necessary thing He has given me is the knowledge of His Son which brings with it the guarantee of eternal fellowship with Him. And there is literally no amount of suffering that can befall me in this world which could even come close to offsetting that gift.

So anytime I find myself getting down about any of the trivial things I don’t have, I hope I have the presence of mind to remember the one magnificent thing I do have.

2 comments:

Andrew Tallman said...

Thanks Andrew, for the reminder. It's easy to loose sight at times but you're sooooo right.
tab

Andrew Tallman said...

This comment was posted on a different thought of the day and it was entirely my fault because I put the wrong link in the email today.
Andrew