Thought of the Day 09.24.08

Despite years of begging God to fix me, I still sin. Why? Well, here’s one possibility. Whenever I sin, I feel awful, and my shame reminds me how badly I need the atoning sacrifice of Christ and how I’m no better than anyone else.

Thus, God uses my daily sins to keep me humble. And much as God might keep some people poor to avoid having them destroyed by the greed and selfishness that can come from premature wealth, I believe God allows me to sin to prevent me being destroyed by the pride that can so easily come from premature righteousness.

Greater than all the sins of unrighteousness combined is the sin of the righteous man who forgets his own need for a Savior. Consequently, my great hope is that one day I will be so immune to pride that God will finally be able to trust me with a sinless life. Until then, praise God for protecting me… from myself.

No comments: