Thought of the Day 03.02.09

We all like to think of ourselves as being pretty good, and, as we mature we learn how to show other people what they need to see in order to form such an opinion of us. Of course, the truth about what’s really inside is often different.

For instance, people who listen to me on the air probably think I’m a pretty decent guy. But the people I work with are less impressed because they see me in my unguarded moments. Naturally, my friends think even less of me for the same reason. And my family thinks the least of me because it’s impossible to keep up any façade around your wife and kids. Though I’d like to deny it, stressful situations that make me act like a jerk are simply revealing what my family already knows.

Naturally, God calls us to be far better. But He doesn’t merely command this. He actually led the way Himself, managing to pray for his murderers even as he was tortured to death.…so that we could eventually become like Him in reality rather than merely when we’re on the radio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

You are a wonderful guy and I am blessed to have you in my family. My daughter is smart and knew a good thing.