Thought of the Day 02.20.09

Driving annoys me. Well, not so much driving itself, but other drivers. Now, obviously the ideal would be for everyone to drive like I do, but I know that’s unrealistic. Instead, all I ask for is some consistency.

For instance, if I’m driving behind someone who’s going less than the speed limit, no problem. I’ll just pass around him. But when I do that, sometimes he speeds up. Now I have to decide whether to accelerate even more or slow down and resume my journey behind “Mr. Consistency.” See, all I really want is for people to just be more predictable, you know, like inanimate objects. That way I can work around them and get done what I need to get done.

In short, they would be much better suited to serving me if only they wouldn’t be so darned human. I just don’t understand why God would make everybody else such a challenge for me if He really loves me. Well, I guess He just doesn’t realize what’s truly best for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They speed up because they see you passing by and their "mind alarm clock" goes off and says, "You're going too slow."(: Don't get me started on AZ drivers.

Love ya Andrew