Thought of the Day 02.12.09

When I hold a newborn in my arms, I find myself totally transfixed with wonder at this tiny human being. Yet, in Whose image is such wonder created?

When I see a sunset that colors the entire sky, I want to stand still and just bathe in the beauty of the scene. Yet, by Whose hand is such beauty painted?

When I cuddle with my wife, the excitement and pleasure pushes all other concerns away, filling me with happiness. Yet, like Whom do we seem when we rejoice in the embrace of such loving companionship?

You see, transcendent moments captivate us and make time seem to stand still. Yet such moments of bliss are not simply better versions of this life. Instead, they are moments when the veil which separates us from the presence of God becomes so precariously thin that we can almost smell the feast of eternity with Him.

No comments: