Thought of the Day 02.04.09

“I think I’d rather not live at all than be homeless.”
“The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” (Matthew 8:20)

“The thing that keeps me going is knowing I can depend on my friends no matter what.”
“The Lord turned and looked at Peter And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, "Before a rooster crows today, you will deny Me three times." (Luke 22:61)

“At least if my major life projects are doing well, I’ll be okay.”
“As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore.” (John 6:66)

“As long as I’m in control, I can be happy.”
"And He went a little beyond them, and fell to the ground and began to pray that if it were possible,
the hour might pass Him by." (Mark 14:35)

So the real question starts to seem quite simple: If my notions of success define Christ as a failure, are they worth keeping?

No comments: