Thought of the Day 08.25.08

Friday morning as I was getting ready for work, I had to make a decision I always have to make: take a lunch or eat out. Because I was broadcasting from a different location that day, part of me thought it would be a good idea to pack a lunch. That way, if things got hectic, I was set. In fact, sometimes, even for an ordinary show, I get so behind that I have to make do with whatever I have stashed in my office…usually a can of soup or Ramen noodles. But Friday I decided to play it loose.

And that’s when it dawned on me. Not only do I get to eat every day (a luxury many in the world don’t enjoy), and not only do I get to eat as much as I want of pretty much whatever I want when I eat, and not only do I get to do this three (or four) times a day, but I live in the midst of such prosperity that I can actually leave the house with nothing but a little piece of flat plastic and rest assured that in the half hour of driving from my office to another location later that day, I will pass so many restaurants that I can be happily fed with absolutely no planning whatsoever.

Thank you, God, for helping me remember just how much you’ve given us.

No comments: