Thought of the Day 10.21.09

Roughly half the time when I pour water into my coffee maker, some spills on the counter because the carafe is designed badly. This annoys me.

My cell phone sometimes changes the file name of songs I download or refuses to recognize their existence at all. This is frustrating.

Since the DTV switchover, I never know whether my attempt to record a show will have worked or failed until I sit down to watch it. This is infuriating.

When my computer is being slow, I get annoyed. When a cereal bag rips all the way down the side, it makes me want to scream. And there’s just nothing quite as maddening as a pen that is neither out of ink nor capable of writing properly, no matter how many circles I draw in the margin of the paper.

Unless I’m very badly mistaken, we all get angry when things don’t do what they’re designed to do. So why is it that people have trouble imagining God being furious with us when we hate, covet, lie, steal, lust, and refuse to love Him as we were designed to do?

No comments: