Thought of the Day 10.15.09

This morning on my way to work, I took a road which normally has a 40 MPH speed limit. Unfortunately, I discovered after I was on it that there was a reduction to 25 MPH because it was under construction. So I slowed down and tried to obey this absurdly low speed limit. And both the zone itself and the people behind me who apparently thought the law to be optional frustrated me.

I know this speed limit makes sense. I know roads need improvements. And I know that driving 25 MPH for about one minute will barely impact my overall travel time, not to mention that I might have just as easily caught a light wrong before and not even have been ahead. Nevertheless, I was still frustrated.


Was it because I was already running later than I wanted? Was it because I have unrealistic expectations for travel? Was it because I wasn’t focusing on how grateful I should be for pavement, road crews, and enough personal wealth to drive my own car by myself to work? D. All of the above.

No comments: