Thought of the Day 09.25.09

When I bought my car, I knew I would need a new clutch within the next six months or so. Well, a year and a half later, I still haven’t replaced that clutch, and the car shifts just as well as it did when I bought it.

A year ago, my wife had her brakes inspected, and they told her they were at 30%, which meant they would need replacing in the near future, but not immediately. Six months ago, they told her the same number. And then, just this week, when she took her van in for an oil change, the number still hadn’t moved.

How could these things be? Well, my wife believes the description of the Jews wandering the desert for 40 years without the soles of their shoes wearing out. So, when she prays, one of her requests is for our stuff to not wear out.

Does such prayer always work? I don’t know. But I do know that the clutch on my previous car lasted about 150,000 miles. So it’s okay with me if my wife keeps on praying for God to preserve our stuff. We are in the desert, after all.

No comments: