Thought of the Day 09.10.09

I absolutely love Christian charity, the act of sacrificing some of your own lifestyle so that you can support someone else in need. There’s just nothing like imitating my Lord Jesus Christ in this way by giving out of my abundance to others who haven’t been as fortunate as I have.

For instance, there is this one small family I’ve been helping support for a few years now. It’s a mother and her three young children who live in a really barren part of the world where life is basically miserable all the time. But because of my support, she’s able to feed her children and even give them clothing and shelter. As is common with such programs, I have some pictures of the kids, and whenever I pray for them, I just can’t tell you how much it fills my heart to know that my generosity is blessing them and making their lives better.


But I think the best part of this particular program is that it allows me to see firsthand the impact I’m making when I tuck them in for bed each night and kiss their mother, who happens to be my wife.

No comments: