Thought of the Day 06.05.09

In hosting a radio show, I’ve grown accustomed to emphasizing my points with sound effects and music. I do this with a laptop-sized electronic device. So when I was given the chance to preach at my church recently, I really wanted to use this machine to enhance the sermon.

Well, one of the challenges was finding a suitable stand for it to sit on. Two chairs would be too low to use conveniently. A music stand wouldn’t be strong enough to hold this very expensive piece of equipment. And I just didn’t have anything to do the trick.

But then on the way home Saturday afternoon, I saw that my neighbor had a bunch of garage sale leftovers sitting outside for free. Among the items was a two-drawer file cabinet exactly the right height and size for my needs. It worked perfectly on Sunday morning.

Now I know this may not seem like a major act of Providence, but to me it was yet another reminder that God cares about every detail of our lives and delights in providing for us in unexpected and creative little ways, too.

No comments: