Thought of the Day 06.02.09

Boy, I sure hope there’s baseball games in heaven, because I can’t imagine spending eternity without being able to enjoy the playoffs.

I wonder what the food will be like in heaven. I sure hope we get to eat meat, because eating filet and lobster every day would be heaven for me.

I wonder if God likes rock and roll, because an eternity without good music would be unbearably boring. I sure do hope it’s not just organs and pipes all the time.


Putting aside the fact that the Bible teaches that heaven comes to us rather than the other way around, all of these people seem to be missing the main point. The only thing about eternity which matters is that we get to be with God. And the only thing about hell which matters is suffering His absence. And until God becomes so magnificent to us that an eternity spend in His presence eating rice and listening to elevator music without a television becomes thrilling to imagine, we can’t really say that we’re ready for heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

exactly my friend, finding the joy in the existence of simple things - ultimately rice with God.

DaveP