Thought of the Day 11.14.08

It’s no oversimplification to say that there are basically three different and incompatible pathways to salvation.

Path 1: I am basically good, therefore I should do what I want. Salvation is created by being true to myself and following my own way. This is the idea behind relativism, modern liberalism, humanism, hedonism, and a host of other silly names.

Path 2: I am not good yet, but I am capable of being good if I try really hard. Salvation is earned by following the rules set forth by God. This is the idea behind every world religion other than Christianity, including many forms of heretical Christianity that have no idea they are heretical.

Path 3: I am not good, and I am incapable of being good. Salvation is received as a gift through faith in Jesus Christ, who alone was ever good enough to save me from myself. This is the Gospel.

So, three paths. Do what you want. Do what is right. Or have faith in Jesus. Which one are you really on? Only one of them leads where you want to go.

No comments: