Toward virtue without pride.

Lord, please make me wise, but grant me patience, especially with the foolish.
Lord, please make me virtuous, but keep me tender toward even the wicked.
Lord, please make me charitable, especially toward the stingy.
Lord, please make me clever, but allow me to find delight even in the dull.
Lord, please make me holy, but always incline my heart toward the profane.
Lord, please make my marriage strong, but preserve my compassion for those whose marriages fail.
Lord, please make me a good parent, but keep me from despising those who are not.
Lord, please give me good friends, but help me to be a good friend to those who do not deserve one.

Forgive me, Father, for I have judged, and in so doing, forgotten that only by Your gifts and generosity do I have anything of worth at all.

No comments: