You are not alone

I have a lot of wild and weird thoughts. For those of you who know me, this comes as absolutely no surprise, and it fits perfectly with my belief (taken from Pasteur) that the way to have a lot of good ideas is to have a lot of ideas. But I’ve discovered in my life that pursuing some odd little hunch or intuition can be extremely fruitful if only I force myself to press it a bit.

This is one of the reasons I love doing these daily thoughts, because they are a chance to share such produce with you without the need to find things substantial enough to make an entire hour of discussion or a full-length column out of.

But here’s something I’ve noticed when I do write on some odd little topic. People routinely respond to me with something along these lines. “I’m so glad you wrote that. I’ve been thinking the same thing but I worried that no one else saw it that way.”

The joy of showing people they aren’t alone and thus encouraging them to trust their own ideas a little bit more by simply saying out loud what they silently suspect is truly a wonderful reward.

No comments: