Will there always be...?

There will always be enough doctors for all the sick people.

There will be enough clean water to drink.

When I go to the gas station, there will be as much gas as I’m willing to buy, and I will not have to wait for it.

The roads I drive on will not collapse, and they will be in good condition.

There will always be enough teachers for all the children.

If I don’t like what is on this radio station, there will always be others broadcasting for me.

There will always be enough paper.

I will always need bookshelves because there will always be books.

If I plan badly and run out of something like eggs or toothpaste, I can always buy it within an hour.

Television may not always be good, but it will always be available.

Our government will always be elected by the people and will transition across elections peacefully.

As you can see from this ridiculously short list, America works pretty well. But there is no magical guarantee that any of these things will be true in the future except that somebody, many bodies, continue to make it so.

No comments: