If only...

Life would be easier without other drivers.
Life would be easier if things never broke.
Life would be easier if other people were smarter…and funnier.
Life would be easier if we didn’t have illegal immigrants.
Life would be easier without difficult bosses.
And life would really be easier without troublesome coworkers.
In fact, life would be super easy without demanding customers.
Life would be easier if tasty foods were good for me.
Life would be easier if everything was free.
And life would definitely be easier if other women were all ugly.
Life would be easier if television shows were good and clean.
Life would be easier without petty people at church.
Life would be easier if all preaching was excellent.
Life would certainly be easier if I only had two children.
Life would even be easier than that if I only had one.
In fact, life would be easiest of all if I didn’t have any children.
And, come to think of it, life would be even easier if I didn’t have a wife.

And yet, oddly, the actual life God gave me has exactly all of these highly inconvenient elements in it.


Is it possible that ease isn’t God’s most important purpose for my life?

No comments: