Thought of the Day 04.15.10

Despite my deep dislike for it, tax day actually offers certain fascinating opportunities to me as a Christian. On the most obvious level, it gives me the chance to practice being honest in filling out my own taxes. But it also gives me the chance to show that I have at least two major things in the right perspective.

First, money is not my salvation. Though I believe in property rights, I believe more in Christ. And so I can either wail in indignation at tax day’s myriad injustices or praise God that money doesn’t define me.

Second, government is not my salvation. Though my vision of government is quite different from our current one, I know that my real Kingdom is governed by the very best Monarch imaginable. So I can either nurture revolution against a corrupt government or trust God by submitting to the earthly authorities He has ordained for my benefit.


Even though evil is evil, one of the unique benefits of evil is that it allows the real character of God to shine through us in how we react to it...if we don’t botch the opportunity.

No comments: