Thought of the Day 04.14.10

In my experience, God often gives me instructions to do or not do things that rarely make sense at that moment. Sometimes they don’t make sense even afterward, but there are some occasions when God lets me see at least one aspect of how it made sense to Him.

The other day I was at Taco Bell, and the lady who helped me was fantastic; friendly and helpful far above any basic requirements of simply getting me the food I ordered. Seeing that a manager was in the main area, I went to tell him. But the Spirit of God stopped me. Confused but obedient, I left.

Outside, I realized that I should at least have praised her directly, so I went back inside to do so. Well, she told me that I should take the phone survey on my receipt and put in a good word for her at the end because that stuff makes a big difference, which I of course did later that night.

Now, I have no idea how many other plotlines were also involved in that particular moment of God stopping me from doing what seemed like a good thing, but I’m grateful He allowed me see at least one of them. He’s just such a brilliant director!

No comments: