Thought of the Day 03.12.09

Of all the things I do, I think these thoughts of the day are my most cherished creation. Nonetheless, I must admit that crafting a 180-word sermon five times a week can be challenging. Most of the time, the difficulty is in chopping the idea down to fit such tiny clothes without destroying it. But occasionally, it’s just hard to find anything worth saying. In this regard, I’ve noticed a pattern.

When I’m reading the Bible and other texts, listening to sermons, and doing a variety of activities, I almost become overwhelmed with insights and feel like I just can’t wait to get into the studio to formulate them. On the other hand, when I feel like I’m struggling to find something to say, I can usually look back and notice that I haven’t been doing these things as much.

It’s far easier to overflow when my mind and experience base have been filled, because then my little sermons are the best players from a very large draft rather than just the last player remaining to be picked when the deadline comes around.

No comments: