TOD 10.30.07

David Horowitz is a libertarian and advocate of academic freedom, and, last week he was a speaker at the Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week put on by the College Republicans at Emory University. When he took the stage, another group of students stood up, turned their backs, and began chanting for him to leave, calling him a racist and a sexist. Eventually, he left the stage, and the speech was cancelled.

Many things could be said, but this mostly shows the moral hypocrisy of such people. This barbaric form of mob censorship was organized by the “National Project to Defend Dissent & Critical Thinking in Academia,” a group which apparently defends dissent by preventing it from occurring. There once was a time when the mantra of American liberty was, “Though I detest your opinions, I will defend to the death your right to express them.”

Only time will tell if the leaders politically closest to these student tyrants will affirm this idea and condemn them. My hope, sadly, is not my expectation.

1 comment:

Blackthought said...

Hi Andrew, Love the show.
I’ll say one thing Andrew…well a few thing really but first and foremost your show is the only talk radio show that I will stop listening to Air America for… That said I’m sure you can imagine where my viewpoint is going to be coming from.

I agree with you on this point that people should be allowed to speak and that it is very important for people to be able to get their point out. I also hate when someone, be they liberal or conservative, censor what someone else has to say, that being said I’m curious if you made any mention the boy who was tazered not too long ago for asking a question. Or the countless “liberal” speaker who have been booed off stage across the united states. I hate every time someone is not allowed to express their viewpoint(s).