What conclusion would you draw?

About two weeks ago, my wife was rear-ended on the highway by a drunk driver speeding. Amazingly, she was mostly unharmed. My car, however, was totaled. The entire rear end was crumpled, so badly collapsed that we couldn’t get in the trunk, not even from the rear seats inside the car.

I wasn’t sure what had been in the trunk when she was hit, so I went to the body shop to see if there was any way to get inside. Well, in the process of doing the estimate, they had to crack the rear end wide open, so it was easy to see the seriousness of the damage.

Among the things in there were many broken and bent and destroyed items, which is pretty much what I expected. What I had forgotten, however, was that I had put an old, leather-bound, oversize Bible in the trunk months ago. And in the middle of all this debris, that Bible survived without a scratch.

Now, I’m not generally one to interpret things this way, but it seemed almost like that Bible had protected the rest of the car and, far more importantly, my wife, from much worse harm. The Word of God protects us in many, and even unusual, ways.

No comments: