TOD 02.28.08

I walk around this world in constant awe and wonder, amazed on a daily basis at how much more of God there is to grasp all around me. For example, we just moved to a part of town where there is a lot less light pollution, so the stars are beautifully vivid at night. And as we take our evening walks, I would have to be avoiding them to not notice the constellations.

Of course there is Orion and Cassiopeia , but the one which I most easily see is the big dipper. And following the front edge of the big dipper, I immediately find the North Star. Permanently at due north because of the orientation of the earth and never moving in spite of its rotation, I’m forced to congratulate God on such a useful forethought. And I’m also forced to wonder at those who think, myself formerly among them, that this was just a lucky happenstance.

It’s truly amazing what we can talk ourselves into believing when once we have chosen to deny the divinity of the truly amazing.

No comments: