The differences of infidelity

My wife has higher cleanliness standards than I do. Unreasonably higher. Nevertheless, when I am washing or cleaning things, even if she’s not around, I do them to her standards just as I would if she were there. This is a form of fidelity.

As the more permissive parent, my sons have learned to ask me first when they want to do something. But many times, even if something would be okay with me, I know Dani wouldn’t like it. So I either tell them no or to ask her. This is a form of fidelity.

When I’m with friends, and wife-talk comes up, I never say anything to them which I haven’t already told Dani and gotten permission from her to share with them. In essence, I talk as if she were there, too. This is a form of fidelity.

See, I believe that any time there is a difference between how I would act if my wife were around and how I do act when she isn’t is a form of infidelity. And my wedding ring is a symbol to remind me that because she and I are one, she is always with me…even when she isn’t.

No comments: