Who would God hire?

The kingdom of heaven is like two men who went for a job interview, one a college valedictorian and the other a high school dropout.

The valedictorian sat comfortably before the interviewer and extolled himself saying, “I never missed a class, and I aced all my courses. I wasn’t one of those people who needed help or wasted time socializing. My roommate actually failed out of the same program I was in because he couldn’t hack it. I did it all on my own, and I’m ready to get what I deserve. I hope you make me a good offer, because I have two other interviews later today.”

But the dropout sat nervously and could barely look the interviewer in the eye. “Sir, you hold my future in your hands, and I’m sorry I’m not more qualified for this position. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, and I really regret them. If somehow you can find it in your heart to give me a break, I promise I’ll be so grateful that you won’t have to worry about me working hard. Please take a chance on me. I really need this job.”

I tell you that this interviewer hired the dropout rather than the valedictorian. (Luke 18:9-15)

No comments: