Thought of the Day 06.23.08

I’m becoming more and more aware of the value of parental propaganda. Here’s what I mean. It’s good for my sons to respect me. It’s good for them to appreciate all I do for them. And it’s obviously good for them to obey me. But how do I accomplish all this? By making them love me.

See, I’ve heard countless men say that they knew their dads loved them because they went to work and provided for the family, but they never felt loved by their dads. That’s bad government. It’s not enough to just do the tasks and hope your constituents will feel loyal in return. You must personally educate them and actively cultivate their love for you.

Mom’s love is never in doubt because her investment is obvious. But if dads really want their children to receive the blessings that come from respecting, appreciating, and obeying their fathers, they must win the hearts in addition to the minds of their children. Hugs, kisses, hair tussles, and saying, “I love you.” A lot. These are key elements of wise parental propaganda.

No comments: