Programming Note

I know I haven’t written in over a week, and I’m sorry for the abrupt interruption in service. However, I think there’s a pretty good reason. I’ve been overwhelmingly busy preparing to move to Medford, Oregon for a new job at Talk Radio Network as an Executive Producer. We are selling our St. Louis house, clearing out of our Phoenix house, and somehow or other trying to triangulate all that stuff and “to do” into a place to live in the great northwest. The short version of this amazing thing God has done in our lives is that I’ve been hired to do a job I’ve never done in a place I’ve never been to, working for people I’ve never met who are paying me better than they usually would. And this job starts 7 weeks to the day after my show was cancelled, the exact extent of my severance package from the radio station. ! Oh, and did I mention we accepted the job on our 14th wedding anniversary? Best anniversary gift ever, Lord!

Sooooo…for the moment, I haven’t been writing for obvious reasons and I probably won’t be for a little while either just because of all the logistics and starting a new job. But I do intend to continue opining, presumably on a regular basis. (Tom Brown nearly forced me to promise I would do so at lunch the other day.) And when I do, I’ll still send these out to all of you either in this format or in some other one.

In the meantime, please be praying for us as we start a new adventure, one that is so obviously God’s doing that I just can’t wait to see how it unfolds. I know this is a terribly unfair thing to mention since I’m not actually giving you the details of it all, but when I recently told some good friends the entire story of all the threads that wove together for this process, it took about 45 minutes of just me talking to tell it all. So, trust me when I say God loves His kids (all of them!), and you can trust Him to do whatever He says He’s going to do. When He works a plan, it’s astounding to behold.

1 comment:

Mark M said...

Congratulations Andrew! I will really miss your show and was saddened to hear you were off the air. God is good and has given you a new adventure. I will keep checking up on your blog and keep those DVD reviews coming. God Bless, Mark