Thought of the Day 11.11.09

Dear God, please protect my family from sickness and crime.

Dear Lord, please provide me with a job that pays our bills and allows me to use my talents in a way that really serves people.

Dear God, please bring my brother to know you and to serve you fully.

Dear Lord, please heal my friend’s cancer, and do it in such a way that even the doctors would come to believe in you as a result.

Dear God, please guide our leaders, and cause them to hear your voice clearly and to be willing to obey it, even if it means changing directions in what they planned to do.

I suppose we’ve all prayed prayers like these many times in our lives. Why? Because we all believe that God wants to do good things for us and will do so if we ask Him to, presuming that He can.


But here’s the question. When other people ask us for something good we’re capable of giving them, do we respond the way we hope God will respond to our requests?

No comments: