On the pace of God.

I’ll admit it. I’m a lane-changer. If I’m going to only drive the speed limit, well I want to drive the speed limit. So, if someone is going slow, I’ll pass around him.

Well, this morning on the way to work, I came up behind a slow truck in my lane. When I went to switch, however, I discovered another car blocking me. “No problem,” I figured. “I’ll just let him pass me, then I’ll pass behind him.” But he neither moved ahead nor dropped behind. Now I was stuck, and going slow. I was very frustrated.

Well, he eventually did move along, so I pulled in behind him. Guess what his license plate said? “TRINITY.” A message for me about Your pace, Lord?

So as I continued driving along that road, it was a real freakshow. Construction, weird slow traffic, cops working on a signal. I switched lanes numerous times, always because of some new impediment. After the final switch, I looked up to notice something very unpleasant. The car in front of me after all of my effort? “TRINITY.”

So you’re saying the best I can do with all my effort is still just end up right where I would have been if I’d followed you all along, Lord?

No comments: