Thought of the Day 12.12.08

About fifteen years ago, when I started really using the Internet, I found a free email service and used it as my primary account until I came to Phoenix and switched daily use to my KPXQ email. But the old one still had a voluminous amount of information in it.

Then a couple of years ago, something awful happened. I went to open my old account and couldn’t. I tried contacting customer service, but all they could tell me was that they had closed the email division and there was no way to recover the data. I was livid…devastated…and disgusted. But what could I do?

I hadn’t thought about this tragedy in years until this morning I happened to notice the old link still in “my favorites,” and that’s when it hit me. My life wasn’t one little bit worse for having lost all of that information, but I would have fought tooth and nail to preserve the burden of it.


Sometimes the only way to receive the blessing of losing the things you don’t really need is to have them ripped out of your cold, dead-works fingers.

No comments: